Mike oversees the firm’s environmental practice group. He has over 30 years of experience in the area of environmental law and is recognized by Martindale Hubble as a Preeminent Attorney in his field.
Michael’s practice includes advising clients on all manner of Federal and State environmental permitting, compliance and remediation matters, including those related to corporate transactions, real estate and renewable energy projects.
Michael has extensive experience in all areas of environmental law, including federal, state and local permitting associated with major commercial, industrial and manufacturing facilities; site remediation associated with soil, groundwater and natural resources; federal and state Brownfields site remediation and redevelopment; matters involving hazardous and solid waste management and disposal; matters involving water and air discharge; land-use planning and development; freshwater and coastal wetlands; permitting and development of energy projects.
Specifically including those before the Energy Facilities Siting Board and matters involving regulatory compliance, enforcement and litigation.
Environmental Section of the R.I. Bar Association
Rhode Island Society of Environmental Professionals
Environmental Business Council of Rhode Island
More about Mike
Download the VCard for Michael Donegan
- Mike is an author and editor of the Rhode Island Environmental Law Handbook.
- Mike serves as the Vice President of the Town Council in East Greenwich, RI (2018).
- He served three terms on the Planning Board for the Town of East Greenwich, RI (Chairman, Vice-Chairman and Member).
- Mike also served two terms as a Member of the Conservation Commission for the Town of East Greenwich, RI.
- He currently serves as the Advisor to both the EGHS Debate Team and the Model UN Club.
- Mike served for six years as the Mock Trial Coach for Cole Middle School in East Greenwich, RI.