Keith brings over 30 years of civil litigation and trial experience to the firm. He has tried jury and bench trials before state and federal courts involving complex civil matters involving serious personal injury, commercial business disputes involving breach of contract, fraud, dishonesty, misrepresentation, probate disputes and admiralty and general maritime claims. He has litigated cases throughout the United States and in France and Germany. Throughout his years of practice, he has obtained substantial verdicts for plaintiffs in personal injury, business and probate disputes and defended against multi-million dollar claims in various matters.
- Successfully defended a partition lawsuit brought by an alleged co-owner of one of Newport's " Gilded Age" mansions and obtained a trial verdict that the alleged co-owner had obtained his interest in the mansion by undue influence and fraud. The court stripped him of legal title to the property. The verdict resulted in the preservation of the firm's client's interest in property value today at $12 million.
- Successfully defended a claim brought by an adopted beneficiary of the estate seeking a one half interest in personalty valued in excess of several million dollars by proving at trial that the family owned all of the estate items jointly before his adoption.
- Successfully defended against claims brought by a foreign judgment creditor attempting to "reverse pierce" the debtor and hold numerous corporations, partnerships and trusts liable for a debt claiming that the debtor was their "alter ego".
- Negotiated a $900,000.00 settlement for pedestrian struck by a school bus.
- Successfully defended a multi-million-dollar claim against a major drug store chain by a Chinese shipping company and New York trucking company after uncovering a fraudulent and corrupt factoring engagement resulting in a dismissal of a federal court civil action.
More About Keith
Download the VCard for Keith Kyle
- Keith was born in Newport, Rhode Island and resides in Narragansett, Rhode Island with his wife Lizzy and their revered golden retriever Luna. Keith has two daughters Anna and Emma. Outside the office, Keith enjoys surfing year round, plays goalie in men’s league hockey, snowboards and spends as much time outside as possible with his family.